Apply for BD Manager
Business Development Manager, Cellulosic Technologies Location: Wichita, KS or St. Joseph MO.
COMPANY & POSITION OVERVIEW:
Founded in 1995, this industry leader provides innovative technology solutions centered on sustaining agriculture and advancing renewable energy. As a world leader in bio-refining technology, the company is currently home to about 320 people who are heavily invested in the continued advancement of renewable energy technologies---including cellulosic ethanol.
Supported by a $25M federal grant with a $6.4 million cost share and a staff of the industry’s premier scientists and Ph.D.’s, our new state-of-the-art demonstration-scale facility in St. Joseph, MO, has been successfully proving the capability of our proprietary technology to process cellulosic feedstocks---including switchgrass, sorghum, and corn fiber. An aggressive construction timeline coupled with vigorous testing has resulted in an accelerated go-to-market plan, and we intend to market our novel cellulosic ethanol technology on a commercial scale in 2012.
The Business Development Manager, Cellulosic Technologies will work to support the company’s cellulosic commercialization strategy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
1. Understand, analyze, and report on existing and new cellulosic technology opportunities consistent with Business Development and the company's strategies.
2. Lead development efforts for commercializing cellulosic technology opportunities.
3. Accurately assess cellulosic opportunity viability establishing an initial value proposition and prepare opportunity reports for Director and Executive Leadership.
4. Create and/or assist in creation of value based proposals for selected opportunities, and lead and/or assist in negotiations through successful contract close.
5. Establish and develop relationships with key prospects, customers, and other industry stakeholders and keep in regular communication with them to ensure access to key market information.
6. Collaborate with internal departments, using a cross functional team approach to maximize communication and resources in an effort to operate as effectively as possible ensuring successful project development and execution.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor degree in technical field, preferably Chemical Engineering. • Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE: 5 + years business development experience required. • Cellulose, agriculture, energy, or related industry experience required. • Previous exposure to cellulosic ethanol technology and basic understanding ethanol industry and cellulosic landscape. • Solid understanding of ethanol industry economics. • Strong financial modeling background. • Previous experience developing marketing plans and leading marketing or commercialization efforts. • Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. • Knowledge of general office equipment.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Highly motivated, self-starter with relentless determination. • Able to creatively approach challenges and opportunities. • Acts with honesty and integrity. • Open minded able to value differences and look at alternative directions. • Intellectually curious wanting to learn more than taught. • Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, create a collaborative team environment and lead teams to high performance and excellence. • Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. • Manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy.
Up to 25% travel required or as needed.