Apply for Technical Writer / Trainer
Designs and conducts technical education programs including outline, text, handouts, tests and laboratory exercises. Will design customized product familiarization and support documentation for presentations at training centers throughout the Americas
• Based on customer needs, will create, review and edit training materials and design program improvements utilizing ISD standards on a continuous basis.
• Will determine training objectives working with management, technical training coordinator and staff.
• Oversees and uses Learning Management Systems functions and web or computer based training applications either hosted or stand alone.
• Administers written and practical exams and writes performance reports to evaluate attendees performance.
• Will participate in meetings, seminars and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility. Integrate new methodology into training programs.
• Provides on-site application support for new product field tests.
• Will become subject matter expert by attaining full knowledge of applications, installations and operations of assigned products.
• Will establish and maintain positive relationship with product specialist in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
• Work closely with technical writers to ensure knowledge of current technical trends.
• Ensure compliance to Company health, safety and environmental policies.
• Comply with all applicable U.S. import/export control and security regulations.
• Facilitates leadership development sessions, conducts one-on-one specialized technical and soft skill training modules.
• Mathematical acumen to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume. Will apply basics concepts of algebra and geometry.
A Bachelor's degree in education or technical discipline is preferred or equivalent experience. Three to five years related experience in technical training and courseware development. Must have experience and proven success in the design, development and delivery of training material utilizing ISD methods. Successful candidate will have excellent communication skills to communicate ideas in a structured and logical manner both verbally and written. Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public. Candidates will be proficient in all Microsoft applications with exception of Access.